This is a standard shrimp scampi with a little bit of a twist. Instead of pasta, I used brown rice pad thai noodles. WOW. Just WOW. This will go into the book of amazing happy accidents. Amanda wanted a gluten free noodle for this meal, and we just happened to have a box of brown rice pad thai noodles forgotten in a corner in my cabinet. Forgotten no more. And now a legend. Pad Thai noodles are great for sauce stick and have a texture that amplifies the lemon garlic base sauce. Think little flavor explosions. Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it!
*Note- White wine is also commonly used in scampi. I did not have any on hand. So no white wine. No much of a loss, in my opinion.
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled
- 1 box Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles
- 1 Knot of Garlic
- 2 Lemons Juiced
- 5 Tbsp Butter, Seperated
Prep: 5 minutes
- Squeeze LEMON juice, and chop GARLIC. Lots and lots of GARLIC. Marinate Shrimp in 1/4 cup Lemon Juice.
Cook: 10 Minutes
- Boil the PAD THAI NOODLES. Cook. Strain. Rinse with cold water. Strain. Set aside.
- While the NOODLES are cooking, make the LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP. On Medium Low heat, start by melting 3 tbsp of BUTTER in a cast iron pan.
- Soften Garlic. 3 Minutes.
- Add SHRIMP, 2 tbsp BUTTER, and the rest of the LEMON juice. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix in BROWN RICE PAD THAI NOODLES with the LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional).
- Plate and EAT. I finished with Parmesan and basil. You do you.
2 thoughts on “Shrimp Scampi with Pad Thai Noodles”
LikeLiked by 1 person